Effective Date: May 11 2012.
- Your California privacy rights under the Shine the Light Act
- Types of information we collect and use
- How do we actively collect and use Personal Information?
- Safeguarding Children’s Privacy
- Disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties
- Personalized content and advertising how we customize your experience.
- Your choices for the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information
- Links to other websites operated by third parties
- How to access, update, correct, or delete your Personal Information
- How we protect your Personal Information
Unless we indicate a different age, all users that wish to use our Services and submit Personal Information must be at least 18 years of age. For certain activities, you must also be a United States (“U.S.”) citizen. GTI Services are designed and targeted to U.S. audiences and are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. If you are not a U.S. citizen or do not reside in the U.S., by using these Services and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you voluntarily consent to our collection, transfer, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information to the U.S. You also agree to waive any claims that may arise under your own national laws.
1. Your California privacy rights under the “Shine the Light Act”
Under the California “Shine the Light Act,” if you reside in California and have an established business relationship with us, you have the right to receive information about our online and offline opt-out/opt-in policies of sharing your Personal Information with affiliated entities or non-affiliated third parties, such as our Advertisers for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to learn about our opt-out/opt-in policies, please send your written request following the instructions below. We will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile.
- We may not be able to respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- For all requests, include your full name, street address, city, state and zip code, and the name of the GTI Services to which you are requesting the information.
- In your email request, you must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your postal request, you must send a letter or post card to:
Attn: Mike Braun/Your California Privacy Rights
VP, Gray Digital Media
126 N. Washington Street
Albany, GA 31701
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from GTI and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
2. Types of data we collect and use
GTI collects both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. We use a variety of Personal Information either voluntarily submitted by you or collected via our Services. We may also collect and use Personal Information about other people when you participate in certain programs and features or when you submit news stories or nominations for community awards or recognition that involve other people. Individual Stations may also offer additional Web Channel features and services that would also require the submission of Personal Information.
Click here for the specific types of Personal Information we may collect and use.
We use Personal Information in various ways; click here for an overview. We use your Personal Information to provide or complete a transaction, and/or customize your experience on our Services and/or other digital technology not yet known or developed.
• Automated News Services and Updates. MORE INFO
• Mobile Apps and Services. MORE INFO
• Polls and Surveys. MORE INFO
• Contests/Sweepstakes/Trivia. MORE INFO
• Purchases & Shopping. MORE INFO
• Chat/Message Boards/Blogs. MORE INFO
• Comments/Questions. MORE INFO
We may also combine your Personal Information with additional data obtained from our Facebook Fan pages, Apps, or your use of Facebook, other social network and mobile platforms, GTI Affiliates, our Operational Service Providers (third party owned companies that provide or perform services on our behalf, to help serve you better and to perform functions in order to support our businesses and operations), or other companies, such as credit bureaus, background check firms, marketing research companies, and/or Advertisers.
We also use your Personal Information (including IP address or mobile device unique identifier if they are linked to or associated with you, or a specific computer or device) and/or other data to deliver customized or personalized content and advertising communications to you, including special product offers, sales, promotions, or other information about us, our GTI Affiliates, or our Advertisers. Click here for more information about customized or personalized content and advertising.
We reserve the right to collect Personal Information using any new technology yet to be developed and to use such technology to provide new services and features to you, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes. Specific information regarding your choice to opt-out to such use, or for sharing your Personal Information with Advertisers, will be provided when the new technology, service, or feature is introduced.
3. Safeguarding Children’s Privacy
Generally, we will not knowingly collect online Personal Information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age. Should we discover that a child under the age of 13 submitted Personal Information to a Web Channel or other Internet-based Services without first obtaining verifiable parental consent, we will immediately reject any such entry and delete that information from our database (to the extent technically feasible), unless such information meets an exception under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) or pertains to the programming or operations of Stations. Submissions that pertain to programming or operations of GTI Stations are subject to Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) regulations that require television licensees to post such comments in the applicable Station’s online FCC Public Inspection File. We retain the right to block out or edit the email address and/or name of the child. Except to meet FCC, other regulatory and legal purposes, we will not knowingly use, distribute or disclose any child's Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without prior parental consent. Unless we are required to retain a child’s Personal Information for regulatory, tax or other legal purposes we will promptly remove such information from our database (to the extent technically feasible) if a parent withdraws his or her consent to our use of the child’s Personal Information.
4. Disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties
• To GTI Affiliates for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
• To Advertisers if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion/contest or service.
• To our Operational Service Providers, who are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose not authorized by us or required by law.
• To protect the security of our Services and databases; to protect our users, GTI Affiliates, Advertisers, and Operational Service Providers against liability and harm; to implement and enforce our TOU or GTI Copyright Complaint Procedures; to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations; to act in response to an emergency or situation that threatens the life, health or security of an individual; to assist in the investigation of a violation (or presumed violation) of law; or if we believe in good faith that the law requires or authorizes such disclosure.
• In connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, assignment, re-organization or financing of all or any portion of GTI, our Stations, or any of the business, assets or shares of our parent company(s) and GTI Affiliates.
We reserve the right to use, disclose and process any Non-Personal Information collected from you in any manner.
5. Personalized content and advertising – how we customize your experience.
Click here for examples of advertising featured on our Services and how they deliver personalized and customized advertising.
Our Advertisers and third party Network Advertising services, such as Google, will also place cookies, web beacons and/or other similar technology on your computer to personalize your experience and advertising content on certain Services. MORE INFO
Here are opt-out choices for other Network Advertising providers that serve tailored advertising on our Services; please click on the company name and follow the links to each company’s website: none active at this time.
The Google Opt-out tool and those of other Network Advertising providers are likely cookie-based. In order for an opt-out tool to work on your computer, your browser must be set to accept third party cookies. If you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete this cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. Some browsers are able to opt-out of such advertising using special tools. Please see specifics about your browser on your browser’s own website.
Please be aware that opting out of a network advertising service doesn’t mean that you won't receive online ads. It only means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your preferences and interests, but you will continue to receive advertising.
6. Your choices for the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information directly with our Advertisers for their direct marketing and promotional purposes. Depending on the activity, event or feature, you will have an opportunity to either “opt-in” or “opt-out” of such sharing at the time of registration, delivery of the activity, event or feature, or by contacting the Service at email@example.com.
We also provide you with an option to “opt-out” of receiving advertising and promotional messages from us about GTI, our Stations and/or our Advertisers in compliance with federal law by installing an opt-out mechanism with all such commercial messages. You must use the designated method in the message to notify us of your opt-out request, as we cannot guarantee that other methods of notification will be effective or timely. Please be aware that we may continue to contact you for administrative, transactional or informational purposes related to your use of our Services, including follow-up messages regarding contests you have entered or other transactions you have undertaken. By law, such messages are not considered to be unsolicited commercial messages.
Please see the “Personalized content and advertising – how we customize your experience” section for details about how to opt-out of Network Advertising.
7. Links to other websites operated by third parties
Our Services may provide links to various external websites or services (collectively referred to as a “Linked Website”). (Please see the Service’s TOU for more information.) Even if a relationship exists between GTI and a third party Linked Website, you understand, acknowledge and agree that we exercise no control and have no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or business practices of a Linked Website.
8. How to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information
If you have submitted Personal Information through our Services and you would like to access, update, correct or delete that information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or access your account, if applicable. We will use reasonable efforts to honor your request. We retain your Personal Information as long as it takes to provide the Services and as required by our corporate policies and laws. Upon your request, we also will remove your Personal Information from our active database(s). Given the limitations of our computer systems, corporate business policies, and the requirements of federal or state laws, we may not be able to delete all of your Personal Information from our internal or back-up files. You may be entitled to access such Personal Information or restrict the use of such Information under local or state laws. Please contact our Privacy Administrator.
We reserve the right to deny access to any user if we believe there is a question about his/her identity. And if the burden or expense of providing access to a user’s Personal Information is disproportionate to the potential privacy risks to that user, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may choose to not provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation and a contact person for further inquiries.
9. How we protect your Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the security and confidentiality of any information you choose to provide to us. We implement and maintain reasonable physical, technical and administrative procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized collection, use, disclosure, and disposal and request our Operational Service Providers to do the same. Despite our best efforts, no security measures are impenetrable, and transmissions over the Internet are not 100% secure or error-free.
Gray Television, Inc.
Attn: Mike Braun
VP Digital Media
126 N. Washington Street
Albany, GA 31701
Copyright © 2015 Gray Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.